Conservation Outcomes from Pastureland and Hayland Practices: CEAP Book Online Version
Pastureland Literature Synthesis
Conservation Outcomes from Pastureland and Hayland Practices: Assessment, Recommendations, and Knowledge Gaps
The pastureland literature synthesis provides an unprecedented source of evidence-based information to guide the development and assessment of management practices and conservation programs on the nation’s pasturelands. It assesses the effectiveness of the following NRCS-recommended pastureland conservation practices:
- Planting for Hay, Silage, and Biomass (NRCS Practice Code 512, 2010 edition)
- Prescribed Grazing (Code 528, 2007 edition)
- Forage Harvest Management (Code 511, 2008 edition)
- Nutrient Management (Code 590, 2006 edition)
Nelson, C.J. (ed.) 2012. Conservation Outcomes from Pastureland and Hayland Practices: Assessment, Recommendations, and Knowledge Gaps. Allen Press, Lawrence, KS
- Front matter
- Executive Summary
- Chapter 1. Pastureland and Hayland in the USA
- Chapter 2. Forage and Biomass Planting
- Chapter 3. Prescribed Grazing on Pasturelands
- Chapter 4. Forage Harvest Management
- Chapter 5. Nutrient Management on Pastures and Haylands
- Chapter 6. Synthesis and Perspectives
- Appendix I–IV
Printed copies of the Executive Summary and the full report are available from the NRCS Distribution Center, Urbandale, IA:
Phone: 1-888-526-3227 option 2
Or order online
- Click here to join today online!
- Click here to download a Membership Application.
- Click here to view the Corporate Support Brochure including information on benefits of membership and/or support.
- We hope you will take full advantage of the services offered as an AFGC member. If you have any questions or need assistance with the website please contact the AFGC office at 800-944-2342.
Watch the AFGC Video Channel
- What is the American Forage and Grassland Council
- BMR 6 Sorghums "My Cows Love It"
- Using Brachytic Dwarf BMR Forage Sorghums to Bridge the Extremes
- Herbicides Options for Forage Sorghums
- John Baylor Tribute "A tribute to a true pioneer, leader, and legend"