Calendar of Industry Events
If you have an upcoming event please send details to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 859-623-8694. Please include title of event, brief description, contact person with phone number and email, and website address for additional information.
2015 Call for Presentations Interested in presenting an oral presentation as part of a breakout or poster presentation then please complete the online 2015 Call for Presentations form by August 1, 2014.
The Conservation Professional Training Program is now offering free training with the Conservation Reserve Program (CRP) Readiness Workshops. Sponsored by NRCS, the purpose of these workshops is to have a fully-trained group of conservation professionals that can create, implement and efficiently manage CRP plans that improve our nation’s natural resources according to NRCS guidelines. Topics covered during the trainings include: understanding landowners’ objectives and assessing eligibility, developing a CRP plan according to national and state guidelines, and CRP best practices for conservation. (more info)
- AFGC Monthly E-Blast Content Deadline March 10
- Soil Health and Production Benefits of Mob Grazing March 11
- Integrating perennial grasses for sustainable agricultural systems March 11
- 2014 Illinois Forage Institute March 13
- Illinois Forage Institute Educational Program March 13
- Virginia Forage and Grassland Council Fencing for Controlled Grazing Systems March 20
- 2015 AFGC Conference Planning Committee Conference Calls March 21
- VA-FGC Fencing for Controlled Grazing Systems March 26
- AFGC Executive Committee Conference Calls March 28
- 2014 Southern Pasture and Forage April 4
- Central Arkansas Farm Show April 5
- See all Upcoming Events
The American Forage and Grassland Council (AFGC)is an international organization made up of 20 affiliate councils in the United States and Canada with a total individual membership of about 2,500. Our primary objective is to promote the profitable production and sustainable utilization of quality forage and grasslands.
Watch the AFGC Video Channel
- What is the American Forage and Grassland Council
- 300 Days of Grazing Program - Cattle Management
- 300 Days of Grazing Program - Budget Information
- 300 Days of Grazing Program - Forage Management
How CFGP works with TSPCertified Forage and Grassland Professionals
will have the opportunity to qualify as Technical Service Providers (TSPs) based on their AFGC credentials and the completion of a one day training session offered by the NRCS at the AFGC Conference. The training focuses on the unique aspects of grazing and forage planning, management application of practices, including the required elements that are unique to USDA program participants. A new opportunity will be available for AFGC TSPs to become certified in conservation planning for lands enrolled in the Conservation Reserve Program (CRP) or Conservation Reserve Enhancement Program (CREP). Attend this workshop for more details on this and other potential conservation work