Actually, Raising Beef Is Good for the Planet (ESSAY FROM THE DECEMBER 20 PRINT EDITION OF THE WALL STREET JOURNAL)
Despite environmentalists’ worries, cattle don’t guzzle water or cause hunger—and can help fight climate change read more
VTForages YouTube Channel
Virginia Forage and Grassland Council’s Winter Forage Conferences Videos are now available for viewing here.
Stockman Grass Farmer, the largest U.S. publication solely focused on grazing (more info)
‘An International Terminology for Grazing Lands and Grazing Animals’
Use the following link for free access to Terminology at Wiley Online Library.
Translations from the original English version are available as ‘Supporting Information’
National Livestock Producers Association (more info)
The Virginia Forage and Grassland Council
is honoring the life of Dr. Harlan E. White, who was the driving force behind the formation of the Council, by working to establish an endowment to provide scholarships to support Virginia forage education and research. Click here or more information.
ARS Science Magazine Available Online
For the latest in cutting-edge agricultural science, check out Agricultural Research magazine online. Published 10 times a year by USDA's Agricultural Research Service (ARS), the magazine reports the latest findings on everything from climate change and bioenergy to human nutrition, animal production and new crop varieties.
ARS is USDA's principal intramural scientific research agency, employing about 2,000 scientists at 90 research locations in the United States and beyond.
The magazine is available in html, digital and pdf formats on the ARS web site at: http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/AR/
You can also receive an email notice when a new issue is available. To subscribe, sign up here: http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/AR/alert.htm
Government and Education
- Council for Agricultural Science and Technology (CAST)
- Dixie Nationals
- Farmers Feeding the World
- Grazing Lands Conservation Initiative (GLCI)
- LSU AgCenter Forage Lab
- Mississippi Department of Agriculture and Commerce (MDAC)
- Mississippi Cattlemen Association (MCA)
- Mississippi Forages
- Mississippi State Fair
- National Cattlemen’s Beef Association (NCBA)
- National Forage Testing Association (NFTA)
- Natural Resources Conservation Service, Mississippi (NRCS)
- United States Department of Agriculture
- USDA Drought Monitor
- Web Soil Survey
- Farm and Family Radio Program
- Gulf Coast Cattlemen
- Hay and Forage
- Monday Memo (MCA)
- MSU Forage News
- Progressive Forage Grower
- Progressive Cattlemen
- Progressive Dairyman
*Source Mississippi Forage and Grassland Council (website)
- Click here to join today online!
- Click here to download a Membership Application.
- Click here to view the Corporate Support Brochure including information on benefits of membership and/or support.
- We hope you will take full advantage of the services offered as an AFGC member. If you have any questions or need assistance with the website please contact the AFGC office at 800-944-2342.
Watch the AFGC Video Channel
- What is the American Forage and Grassland Council
- BMR 6 Sorghums "My Cows Love It"
- Using Brachytic Dwarf BMR Forage Sorghums to Bridge the Extremes
- Herbicides Options for Forage Sorghums
- John Baylor Tribute "A tribute to a true pioneer, leader, and legend"