Texas Forage and Grazing Council
"The objective of TFGC is to promote increased benefits from the production and utilization of forages."
- Promote the profitable use of native and introduced forages a a major resource for efficient production of feed, food, fiber and energy products.
- Provide a forum to stimulate cooperation among agribusiness, producers and professional agricultural workers from public and private sectors having mutual interest in forage production, utilization and marketing.
- Encourage industries and public institutions serving agriculture to provide the best products and information for optimum forage production and utilization.
- Help identify needs for sponsoring research and education in efficient forage production, utilization and marketing.
- Promote the value of forages in soil and water conservation, good land use, pollution abatement and other environmental benefits.
- Cooperate with other organizations to promote the modern technologies of forage production and to encourage joint programs for the most effective results.
- Emphasize the career potential in the field of forage production and management.
Current Executive Committee 2010-2011:
President: Gerald Evers
- Vice President: Brent Batchelor
- Executive Secretary: Vanessa Corriher
- Treasurer: Don Dorsett
- Click here to join today online!
- Click here to download a Membership Application.
- Click here to view the Corporate Support Brochure including information on benefits of membership and/or support.
- We hope you will take full advantage of the services offered as an AFGC member. If you have any questions or need assistance with the website please contact the AFGC office at 800-944-2342.
Watch the AFGC Video Channel
- What is the American Forage and Grassland Council
- BMR 6 Sorghums "My Cows Love It"
- Using Brachytic Dwarf BMR Forage Sorghums to Bridge the Extremes
- Herbicides Options for Forage Sorghums
- John Baylor Tribute "A tribute to a true pioneer, leader, and legend"